Monday, March 23, 2009

Trying out a new IDE, Aphpkb Status and future ideas

Dev-PHP Project Page

Even in a small project like Aphpkb there are times in which organising and searching multiple files in a project can be handy, especially for wholesale changes, such as the change of a variable used in a group of scripts (for example: $fileid).

This week I am trying out Dev-PHP and so far I have been impressed by the IDE's features and ease of use - I am hoping to make a full change to the mysql class for the mysql connections - and I've felt I'd need more than an editor for the task - if only for the task feature to keep track of my changes.

Long time readers might wonder if I might be giving up on SciTE, the scintilla editor - the answer is a definite 'nope' - it's still my favourite - but I like to keep an 'open mind' and increasing my tools will hopefully make me more versatile and ultimately more efficient.

Aphpkb Status

I am currently finalising 0.93.6 - with a fix for deleting pending articles - there have been some standing issues with the install wizard with some unexpected results if the database has not been created prior to registering the admin account - I maybe using more emphasis in the readme and step 5 pages.

Ideas

* some form of captcha on author registration
* simpler css layout/s
* follow-up articles (link from article view)

If you have any other ideas for Aphpkb, please let us know:  feedback@aphpkb.org

No comments:

Post a Comment